I am a Creative Professional with a wide range of experience improving communication, brand identities, websites and packaging design for a variety of markets. Hard working, honest and focused is the type of employee I strive to be. Comfortable with all size projects, I have worked independently and as part of a team. Fast-paced environments are the standard for creative professionals, but I do like being able to hone my work down to the smallest details. People would characterize me as easy-going and easy to work with. The span of my career has created a good mix of traditional drawing/painting/photography background with the latest graphics software and familiarity with the demands of marketing and business. But holding onto tradition is not the focus of my work, rather allowing it to temper my curiosity and growth into new media and technologies.
- Responsible for all marketing communication activities from concept to production.
- Created a more focused marketing message and applied it to all communications materials for each of five brands.
- Added requested functions to websites, including creating online stores and updating code to more current practices.
- Worked to improve online presence in advertising and search engines.
JohnsonDiversey (Johnson Wax Professional)
- Primary responsibilities package labeling design and production, various marketing support.
- Design and production of packaging for an exclusive line of products for Lowes stores, aided in landing the account by providing graphics for presentations to Lowes.
- Aided in setting standards for the JohnsonDiversey corporate identity applied to packaging.
- Helped to transition graphics creation from contracted team to new Marketing Communications department, including interviewing and training new designers.
- Design and production of packaging for innovative RTD line of products.
Senior Graphic Designer
- Primary responsibilities handling major design projects, working with printing vendors, training graphic designers and maintaining/upgrading Mac desktop systems.
- Organized all graphics files and created database to speed the search for existing assets.
- Created basic FileMaker database to track current projects and status.
- Helped the department grow from handling the needs of only one brand to handling multiple brands.
Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
Completed BFA program, Graphic Design major Illustration minor
Continuing training at Lynda.com ongoing See certificates here.
Continuing training at SafariBooksOnline.com ongoing
University of Wisconsin-Parkside
Declared major: Physics
Choral Arts Society (Racine Symphonic Chorus)various promotional materials including posters, advertising and billboards
Plymouth Arts Center
Redesign and maintenance of website
Brochure and website
American College of Healthcare Professionals
Design of marketing collateral, photography
All Electronics Hardware
Identity design, catalog, web site, trade show graphics and advertising
Racine Vocational Ministries
Identity design for non-profit organization
packaging, user manual, trade show graphic
- Concepting layouts / ads / websites / packaging
- Photo manipulation and retouching
- Photography / digital photography / stock photography / photo art direction
- Illustration: drawing and painting in various media including digital
- Production coordination with printing companies, including getting quotes, choosing the most appropriate/cost effective, solving production issues and doing press checks
- Interviewing, hiring and training other designers
- Troubleshooting Mac systems / Macintosh networking / proposals for upgrades
- Improving graphics workflow / organizing digital files / digital asset management
- Placing advertising
- Writing press releases / ad copy
- video production for web and DVD
- programming website scripts / creating website databases
- Color Management
- email marketing
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Quark XPress
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Dreamweaver CC
- Flash CC
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Encore CC
- Adobe Premier CC
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Adobe Soundbooth CC
- HTML5 / CSS3 / Web Standards / Responsive Design
- Microsoft Office / Open Office
- Mac OSX and Windows
- MySQL / PHP